Sunday, December 2, 2007

Integral Life Practice

Breathing in, breathing out. The steady pace, the silence between burning muscle and sweat; this is what I pause for. The expanding of the mind, the dissolving of the self- a little fortress washed away by an ocean I cannot see. Mind expanding, knowledge growing, thriving, articulating like a pine forest that just shot up from the empty mouth of a goddess.This is the practice. This is the breath. This is the mind, with each eye I thrive to see, trampling over my own ignorance, stomping out ego with reason. With my tears I crash and burn, mumbling nonsense before those who listen, and wisdom before empty mirrors. This is the practice, this is the breath.

No comments:

Blogging List

  • Hobbits are Epicureans - Well not exactly but close enough. When Tolstoy writes about his aristocratic epicurean friends, a voice in my head responds, “Let’s not disparage the E...
    7 months ago
  • A Rebirth Into Infinity - 11/16/2021: Heroic dose (7.377 grams) of psilocybin mushroom (Penisenvy). I now have a new appreciation for the Buddhist teachings… Shinzen’s hardcore dha...
    2 years ago
  • The Story of Fruit - What's up with fruit? Fruit is a healthy choice and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, as well as fiber (key to weight loss because it is good for your...
    8 years ago
  • Not so Gung-Ho this time - As predicted, I totally failed at keeping with the writing. In spite of the enthusiasm and spirit of my previous entry, I let everything else get in the wa...
    9 years ago

Followers


Live Traffic