Friday, May 30, 2008

Roots Intwining

This morning I was reading Eckhart Tolle and walking around my background (Big trees surrounding a grass center), and I look up and notice that, our ancestors were lucky to have experienced nature in its expansiveness. While nature is still form, it forces us to come out of our me-ness and look at a world that exists without "me," and probably has given birth to me. It lets me see a perspective somewhat outside of my ego, to see how I am a whole-part of the universe, one blossom. The roots in my feet entangle and expand with other roots, and all at once I am back within nature, not going into it. I am blossoming from it, ego included. Call it nature mysticism, but it's a wonderful start for many of us to recognize who we are on our spiritual path.

No comments:

Blogging List

  • Hobbits are Epicureans - Well not exactly but close enough. When Tolstoy writes about his aristocratic epicurean friends, a voice in my head responds, “Let’s not disparage the E...
    8 months ago
  • A Rebirth Into Infinity - 11/16/2021: Heroic dose (7.377 grams) of psilocybin mushroom (Penisenvy). I now have a new appreciation for the Buddhist teachings… Shinzen’s hardcore dha...
    2 years ago
  • The Story of Fruit - What's up with fruit? Fruit is a healthy choice and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, as well as fiber (key to weight loss because it is good for your...
    8 years ago
  • Not so Gung-Ho this time - As predicted, I totally failed at keeping with the writing. In spite of the enthusiasm and spirit of my previous entry, I let everything else get in the wa...
    9 years ago

Followers


Live Traffic